This article describes typical issues with managed domains in Cayosoft Guardian and how to resolve them.
How to resolve issues related to incorrect credentials or missing permissions
To change the connection account, remove and add the domain.
- In ADUC tool, check that the connection account has Domain Admin permissions.
- Go to Configuration->Managed Domains.
- Select the domain and press Delete.
- Press Add and complete the wizard.
1. From the Domain Controller, click Start, point to Administrative Tools, and then Group Policy Management.
2. From the console tree, click the name of your forest > Domains > your domain, then right-click on the relevant Default Domain or Domain Controllers Policy (or create your own policy), and then click Edit.
3. Under Computer Configuration, click Policies > Windows Settings > Security Settings > Advanced Audit Policy Configuration > Audit Policy, then double-click on the relevant policy setting.
The following policies must be enabled for Cayosoft Guardian:
1) Select Logon/Logoff policy and enable Success events for Audit Account Lockout subcategory.
2) Select Account Management policy and enable Success events for Audit User Account Management subcategory.
3) Select Account Management policy and enable Success events for Audit Security Group Management subcategory.
4) Select DS Access. The value of Directory Service Access should be set to Success.