During installation and initial configuration, Cayosoft Administrator performs various pre-installation checks to ensure all required components are installed and system settings are configured properly. However, there is the possibility that some settings may have been updated after the Cayosoft Administrator installation, or some settings were not properly verified during installation. This article provides a set of verification procedures to ensure the system where Cayosoft Administration Service is installed is configured properly.
Applies to: Cayosoft Administrator 3.x or later
Typical error messages
Error: Could not find an available Domain Controler.
Error: Account specified for Active Directory extension expired or credentials failed, immediate action required.
Error: Unable to contact Global Catalog server. This may be because this server doesn't exist, it is currently down, or it doesn't have the Active Directory Web Services running.
Error: Unable to contact the server. This may be because this server doesn't exist, it is currently down, or it doesn't have the Active Directory Web Services running.
Cayosoft fails to connect to Active Directory when the user attempts to configure a domain controller and may present an error dialog.
The most likely cause is that the target domain controller is not running Windows Remote Management.
Enable Windows PowerShell Remoting on the server specified in the error. If the Global Catalog is specified in the error, you need to verify the Windows Remote Management on the Global Catalog server. If some other Domain Controller then verify Windows Remote Management on it.
- On the server specified in the error, Verify the Windows Remote Management (WS-Management) is set to start automatically and is started.
- Go to task manager > Services > Name = WinRM and verify the Status is running.
- If the service is not running, open the Services console, right-click WinRM service and choose properties - then set Startup Type to Automatic.
- Enable PowerShell remoting with the Enable-PSRemoting command.
Cayosoft fails to connect to Active Directory when the user clicks Check Settings on Active Directory extension.
Active Directory Global Admin account is not valid.
- Check that Active Directory Global Admin account:
- Specified with correct credentials
- Is not locked
- Is not expired
- Password is not expired
Domain Controller is unavailable for some reason.
Check that specified Domain Controller is available:
- Try to ping this DC from the machine where Cayosoft Administrator Service is running
- Run a new CMD shell
- Type ping <DC.domain.com>
Active Directory Web Service is not running on Domain Controller
Check that Active Directory Web Service is running on the Domain Controller:
- Login to the Domain Controller
- Run Services
- Find Active Directory Web Services service
- Start Active Directory Web Services if it is not running
Cayosoft Administrator Service is blocked by the firewall.
Check that required ports are opened. For more information, please see Required ports article.