Summary: The default IIS time-out for Forms-based Authentication used by the Cayosoft Web Admin Portal is twenty(20) minutes. Customers may want this value changed to a longer or shorter value depending upon how the portal is being used. The following steps describe one method for Changing the Cayosoft Web Admin Session Time-out.
Applies to: Cayosoft Administrator 5.1.0 or later
How to Change the Cayosoft Web Admin Session Time-out
- Open IIS Manager (press the Windows+R keys to open the Run dialog, type inetmgr, press Enter)
- Navigate to Server > Application Pool and click CayosoftWebAdmin
- Click Advanced Settings
- Change Process Model > Idle Time-out (minutes) setting to the desired time. The default value is 60 minutes.
- Click OK
- Navigate to Server > Sites > Default Web Site > CayosoftWebAdmin
- Right-click Session State and click Open Feature
- Scroll down to the Cookie Settings section
- Change the Time-out (in minutes) to the desired timeout. The default value is 25 minutes.
Note: since v6.1.0 Cayosoft Web Config Tool automatically updates the timeout in Session State to the value from Idle Time-out (minutes) setting.
- In the navigation tree click the server name
- On the Action menu click Restart
- Close IIS manager
If Keep me signed in option on Cayosoft Administrator Web Portal logon screen is On, the authentication cookie will be stored for 30 days since the issue date.