Summary: You may need to use an existing attribute value to use it when update another attribute during the user suspend process.
Applies to: Cayosoft Suspend 1.x or later.
Retrieve existing attribute value Syntax:
The following syntax will retrieve the existing value of an attribute before it is updated by Cayosoft Suspend.
Changing the Update value in Cayosoft Suspend
- Open the Suspend User dialog box by right-clicking on a test account and choosing Suspend.
- In the Update Attributes section, select an existing attribute such as Description.
- Click the Edit button.
- In the Set to specified value field, enter the syntax with the correct attribute name as described above. For example, Suspended by $Initiator on $date("ddd dd MMM yyyy h:mm tt") (GMT$date("zzz")) $object.AttributeValue(description)
- Click OK.
- Verify the other settings in the Suspend object dialog box.
- To create a new Cayosoft Suspend Policy file for use with Cayosoft Administrator, click Export Settings at the top right then follow the instructions.
- To suspend the current user click Submit.
Updating the Cayosoft Suspend Policy in Cayosoft Administrator
If you have created a new Suspend Policy in ADUC (Active Directory Users and Computers) with the settings described above - you will need to specify the New Suspend Policy in Cayosoft Administrator. There are four possible places the Cayosoft Suspend Policy is referenced in Cayosoft Administrator.
- If you have configured Suspend Rules such as AD Users | Process Scheduled Suspends
Console > Rules > Folders > (update all rules that support the Suspend User Policy)
- If you do not have custom Administrative Units in Web Portal modify:
Console > Configuration > Active Directory > Cayosoft Suspend Policies
- If you have custom Administrative Units in the Web Portal and have different Suspend policies for these Administrative Units modify:
Configuration > Web Interface > Web Queries > Active Directory (or other Admin Units) > AD Users
- Obsolete - If you have copied the Suspend Command:
Configuration > Web Interface > Web Actions > Suspend User
Copying the Suspend command to create custom suspend policies for different groups is no longer necessary. This value should be set to Use (Web Query user suspend policy) and the policy should be referenced from the Query.