Applies to: Office 365 as of 8/1/2016
Summary: Before you analyze adoption or usage with Cayosoft Administrator, you must first enable audit logging in the Office 365 portal.
Enabling Auditing Logging in Office 365
- Sign-on to the Office 365 portal as a global administrator
- Open the App launcher and click Admin
The app launcher is the waffle shape at the top right corner of the portal.
- Click Admin centers from the navigation menu on the left
- Click Security and Compliance
- Click Search & investigation
- Click Audit log search
- Click Start recording user and admin activities above the Search attributes
Note: If you don't see this link, auditing has already been turned on for your organization.
- When prompted, click Turn on
- If prompted to updated your organization settings, click Yes to continue
After enabling auditing, a message is displayed that says the audit log is being prepared.
IMPORTANT: It may take several hours for auditing preparation to complete on Office 365 side. Audit data is not updated in real-time, so you must wait one or two days before activity may appear.