Applies to: Cayosoft Administrator 5.x or later.
Summary: If you performed Suspend operation under Office 365 or hybrid account and want to return it back, Cayosoft Administrator doesn't have Undo Suspend operation for Office 365 users, so you need to re-assign licenses and convert mailbox from Shared to regular manually.
Manual Undo Suspend Office 365 user accounts
Cayosoft Administrator calls Disable-RemoteMailbox as part of the 'Suspend | Office 365 User' rule execution, if the Convert to Shared Mailbox setting is set to "No". So, to undo suspend the Office 365 user account, you need to perform different steps depending on your 'Suspend | Office 365 User' rule settings.
Follow the steps below to revert license and mailbox changes for Office 365 users:
- In Cayosoft Web Interface, select suspended account and run Undo Suspend command. This will rollback all changes made in on-premise AD.
- If you converted user mailbox to shared mailbox during Suspend, you need to convert if back to regular mailbox:
- Run Office 365 Admin Console, under Admin Centers selects Exchange.
- In the Exchange Online Admin Center, go to Recipients section and select Shared from the top navigation bar.
- In the right pane select Convert to Regular Mailbox command (see screenshot below).
- Select the user account in Cayosoft Web Interface, assign license using the Office 365 License command, and set back required mailbox settings (like POP) using the Mailbox command.
- If your 'Suspend | Office 365 User' rule configured to remove Office 365 license and Convert to Shared Mailbox is set to 'No' you need to enable remote mailbox for the user:
- Login to Cayosoft Web Interface
- Find the user and run Enable Mailbox action
- Select Mailbox Type: Remote, choose license, update other properties if you need so and finish wizard.
Undo Suspend user accounts that had remote mailboxes with in-place archive
After suspend a user that had remote mailbox with in-place archive enabled you can get this error in Microsoft Office 365 Admin Console when selecting the user:
Exchange: Failed to sync the ArchiveGuid 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000 of mailbox d7a2867f-b053-4f32-82ed-1dda89083471 because one cloud archive 05096fc9-ddc6-4558-8a87-b4b742a61220 exists.; Exchange: An unknown error has occurred. Refer to correlation ID: 8b91d1c4-1622-4b0c-bce4-a7c43cc5e55c
This is expected behaviour if you have option Remove license, mailbox and archive mailbox set to Yes in the rule Home > Rules > WebAdmin Rules (Pre-configured) > Suspend | Office 365 User.
To get rid of this error you need:
- Enable remote mailbox for the user, you can do this by Enable Mailbox action in Cayosoft Web Interface as it described in step 3 in previous section
- On the Exchange Server, run the Exchange Management Shell
- In the Exchange Management Shell, type in command:
Set-RemoteMailbox -Identity <firstname.lastname@example.org> -ArchiveGuid <archiveGUID>
- <email@example.com> is userPrincipalName of the problem user
- <archiveGUID> is the cloud archive guid from the error message (for the error above it will be 05096fc9-ddc6-4558-8a87-b4b742a61220)
- Run the command
- Wait for the next sync run by Azure AD Connect
- Check the user properties in the Microsoft Office 365 Admin Console
More information about this error you can find in this MS article: How to fix Office365 user provisioning issues that are generated by faulty Exchange attributes