Applies to: Cayosoft Administrator 4.x or later.
Summary: In some cases it may be necessary to backup the Cayosoft Administrator configuration and auditing databases or send Cayosoft configuration databases to Support team to determine what exact settings cause the problems.
- Configuration (Cayo.policymanager.db)
- Rule Execution History (Cayo.policymanager.RH.db)
- Management History (Cayo.policymanager.MH.db)
- Analytics Data (Cayo.policymanager.TimeSavings.db)
How to backup databases
1. On machine where Cayosoft Administrator is installed open folder C:\Program Files\Cayo Software\AdminAssistant
2. Find 4 files with .db extension:
3. Backup these files to a different location or zip them and place them in a safe location.
NOTE: Cayosoft Administrator database files are compatible only with the version of Cayosoft Administrator from which they were created or last upgraded.
To perform a roll-back, stop Cayosoft Admin Service, replace existing databases with backups and re-start the service again.
If you need to send these files to Cayosoft Support, please send us the compressed .db files in .zip format. If the compressed folder is too large to be sent through your e-mail system, please let us know and we will provide an online upload location.
Note: if you want to move Cayosoft service to another server follow our instructions from this KB article: KB20160408-1 How to move the Administrator Database to a new server