Applies to: Cayosoft Administrator 5.3.1 or later.
Summary: In almost every situation, rules should be created from rule templates or as part of a runbook template: click the NEW+ button in the top left corner, then select Rule. In some situations, customers may be directed by Cayosoft support to modify a rule's behavior using Rule Design Mode. Rule Design Mode allows the user to access the underlying virtual commands that control how the rule works. Under normal circumstances, users will not need to use design mode nor will they need to actually build a rule using design mode.
When instructed by Cayosoft Support to update a rule configuration in Design Mode, please follow these instructions to enable Design Mode.
Note: Cayosoft recommends that the design mode be disabled during normal operations. Uncontrolled configuration changes in design mode might break rule functionality and lead to an unsupported product state.
Enabling Design Mode
- To enable rule editing in Design Mode open Cayosoft Administrator Console
- Go to Design Mode
- Click Enable Editing in Design Mode
Important: Editing rules in Design Mode is not supported unless a prior statement of support is provided by Cayosoft Support or Cayosoft Knowledgebase. To request information about Design Mode please contact Cayosoft Support at email@example.com. Cayosoft recommends that editing in Design Made is set to be disabled during normal operations.
- Now open the rule, find the Design Mode checkbox at the bottom of the rule configuration screen, and click the checkbox:
- Update the rule in Design Mode, as instructed by Support
- After rule configuration is completed, switch Design Mode off for this rule by clearing the Design Mode checkbox:
- Disable rule editing in Design Mode by navigating to Design Mode
- Click the Disable Editing in Design Mode button
How to customize font in Cayosoft Output E-mail
Please sign in to leave a comment.