Published: August 10, 2018
Applies to: Cayosoft Administrator 3.x or later
After upgrading Cayosoft Administrator, some Suspend Features stop working. This happens because the Cayosoft Administrator Service Account must have permissions granted only if the service is started with a service account that has the correct permissions. In other words, if Cayosoft Suspend and Cayosoft Administrator are used together, the Cayosoft Administrator Service Account must be specified during installation and all upgrades so that the Cayosoft service is started with the needed permissions.
During the Cayosoft Administrator upgrade a prompt is presented to use LOCAL SYSTEM or to enter the Cayosoft Administrator Service Account. If LOCAL SYSTEM is selected, Cayosoft Administrator will not have the necessary permissions to complete several Suspend Actions.
- Suspend no longer moves accounts to a holding OU
- Suspend does not update User Home folder with Manager Permissions
1 Verify Suspend Version
From time-to-time, Suspend will need to be upgraded independently from Cayosoft Administrator. Verify you have the correct version.
Finding Cayosoft Suspend Version Number
- Logon to the server where Cayosoft Suspend is installed.
- Right-click the Start button.
- From the menu click Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a program.
- The version number should be the last column.
- If the version number is not the latest, un-install Suspend and install the current version.
2 Verify Service Start-up Account
Set the Cayosoft Administrator to start under the Cayosoft Service Account
- Logon to the server where Cayosoft Administrator is installed.
- Click Start
- Type Services and press ENTER
- Right-click the Cayosoft Administrator Service and click Properties
- Click the Log On tab
- Click This account
- Enter the Service Account Name, password and confirm the password
Note: When entering the Service Account Name use the DOMAIN\username format for example:
- Click OK
- When prompted that the service must be restarted click OK
- Right-click the Cayosoft Administrator Service and click Restart
3 Verify Correct Suspend Policy is Specified
- Logon to the Server Running Cayosoft Administrator
- Open the Cayosoft Console
- Navigate to Active Directory Extension settings
- Expand Cayosoft Suspend Policies section
- Verify the correct Suspend files are specified
For information on how to create a Suspend Policy file see Export configuration settings for Suspend and Undo Suspend rules article.