Summary: When you edit AD group properties in Cayosoft Web Interface you can get the error: String is too long (maximum 20 chars) in the Group name (pre Windows 2000) field.
Cayosoft Administrator has 20 characters limitation because it is recommended by Microsoft in case of backward compatibility, the details you can get from this article: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms679635(v=vs.85).aspx
This is not a hard limit and you can increase the max number of allowed characters in the Group name by Attribute Policy.
Applies to: Cayosoft Administrator 4.X or later.
How to increase number of allowed chars in the Group name
Follow the steps below to increase max number of characters in Group name (pre Windows 2000) in AD group Properties form to 50:
- In Administrator Console, navigate to Configuration > Web Interface > Attribute Policies
- Click on the button Add Attribute Policy (also you can modify an existing policy if you have suitable one)
- Enter policy name and select Trustees if you need to apply the policy only to specific trustees
- Click Add Scope > select Active Directory | AD Groups | Properties
- Select just created scope and find Group name (Pre-Windows 2000) attribute
- Click Edit policy to modify Attribute Policy
- Set Max Characters to 50
- Click OK to close the dialog
- Save Changes