Applies to: Cayosoft Administrator 4.X or later.
Summary: Cayosoft Administrator Console can connect not only to the local service, but to any Cayosoft service running on another computer. This article describes how to configure the Console so it can be used without local service running.
Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 or later
No download required for Server 2012R2 or later, just add the role.
To determine the installed version of Microsoft .NET Framework, follow instructions provided in the Microsoft KB 318785.
Microsoft Management Framework 5.1 or later
See KB20180802-1 for installation instructions.
Remote Server Administration Tools (RSAT)
No download required for Windows 8.x or Server 2012R2 or later, just add the role.
See KB20131210-1 for installation instructions.
How to install Cayosoft Administrator Console
Cayosoft installation package has both Cayosoft Administrator Console and service in one .exe file. To use only Console on the computer you need to install Cayosoft Administrator and then disable the service:
- Perform typical installation of Cayosoft Administrator on the computer.
- After installation finished, on the last step uncheck Configure Cayosoft Administrator Portal checkbox and click Finish
- Open Services (Click Start, click in the Start Search box, type services.msc, and then press ENTER)
- Find Cayo Software Admin Service in the list and perform double click on it
- In General tab click Stop button under Service status and select Startup type Disabled , then click OK to close the dialog.
Now when you run Cayosoft Administrator Console in will show Connection dialog where you can specify machine name where service is running and credentials.
How to reset Administrator Console connection settings
After you clicked on checkbox 'Save My Password' on Connection Dialog, the Administrator Console remembers your account settings. If you want to logon as another user you need to clear these saved connection settings manually:
- Close the Console if it is open
- Open the folder on your PC, please replace '<user name>' by your actual user name first: C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Local\Cayosoft
- Delete all subfolders from the folder.
- Start the Console: Connecting dialog should appear.