The Remote Server Administration Tools for Windows (RSAT) component required by Cayosoft Administrator to connect to and use Active Directory as a source system for various administrative tasks.
Because Active Directory is often used as a source system for other extensions, the Remote Server Administration Tools must be installed for setup to be completed.
If Cayosoft Administrator is installing on a Windows Server OS you must add "Active Directory Module for Windows Powershell" feature to the Remote Server Administration Tools features group. When installing Cayosoft Administrator on a Windows workstation computer, you must download and install the Remote Server Administration Tools for Windows.
Adding RSAT to Windows Server 2012 R2, 2016, 2019 OS
Adding RSAT as a feature in Server Manager
- Run Server Manager
- Click Manage > Add Roles and Features
- Click Next until you reach Features
- Enable Active Directory module for Windows PowerShell in Remote Server Administration Tools > Role Administration Tools > AD DS and AD LDS Tools
- Click Next
- Click Install
Adding RSAT manually via PowerShell console
- Click the Windows Start icon
Type ISE - you will see the Windows PowerShell ISE appears on the screen
Right-click Windows PowerShell ISE and click Run As Administrator
- Stop Cayosoft Administrator service, if it is already installed
- Run this command to install RSAT
- Start Cayosoft Administrator service
Close the Windows PowerShell window
Downloading RSAT to Windows workstation OS