This rule queries the specified Office 365 group and for each member of this group assigns the selected Office 365 license plans and options.
It is possible to use Ignore option to exclude plan from the rule completely. In this case, this plan and its options will be ignored by the rule. If users already have assigned options from this plan, these options will keep. If users don't have the options from this plan, these options won't be assigned.
When to use this rule
These are some typical license assignment scenarios, supplied with recommendations on an optimal configuration for the rule settings.
Assign specific Office 365 license plan with its options to newly created user accounts in the selected group:
- As usage location is mandatory to assign a license to an Office 365 user account, set the Change UsageLocation only if not set setting to Yes and pick a value for the Usage Location setting.
- For the License options setting, select the plan to be assigned and configure its options.
- Ensure that all members of the group have specific license plans and options assigned, and other conflicting plans revoked:
- For the License options setting, select the plan to be assigned and configure its options. Set Revoke setting for conflicting plans. Set Ignore setting for all the other plans.
Add or remove license plan or option in bulk, to all members of the selected groups:
- For the License options setting, select the plan or option to be assigned. Set Ignore setting for all the other plans.
Query section: specify Office 365 group IDs
Action section: specify license plans and options to enforce Office 365 users. Set Assign or Revoke next to license plans and options.
- Select Ignore option next to the plans you want to exclude from the rule execution and preserve its current assignment state on users.
Office 365 Group Object ID of the Group
Specify cloud-only Office 365 Group.
Tip: Synced groups are not available for selection. If you want to assign the licenses based on synced groups, you need to use another rule: AD Groups | Enforce License rule.
Properties to Display
To display additional Office 365 properties for each object found by the query, add those properties to the list.
Sort result objects list.
Stop rule if errors exceed
Too many errors may indicate rule misconfiguration or problems with connectivity.
Set this value to some integer value, indicating the number of occurred errors, when the rule execution should stop.
Stop rule if tenant licensing change detected
It is recommended to stop the rule execution if a tenant licensing change is discovered.
Tip: If licensing change is detected, you should click Update License in Microsoft Office 365 extension. For details, see KB20181017-1.
Select which Microsoft Office 365 license plans and options to assign or revoke to Office 365 user accounts.
Tip: It is also possible to click Ignore to exclude the plan from the rule completely. In this case, this plan and its options won't be taken into consideration at all. If users already have assigned options from this plan, these options will keep. If users don't have options from this plan, these options won't be assigned.
License update order
Select a method to assign selected license plans and options:
Note: In most cases Revoke Previous then Assign New option should be used. Please contact Cayosoft support before changing the default value.
Enforce license precedence (Advanced)
For details, see KB20181026-1.
This section defines the output format of this rule.
To get more information about this section, please see the Output section article.
This section defines the schedule for how often to run the rule.
To get more information about this section, please see the Enforce/Schedule section article.
|The rule is optimized and updated, and new License options control added.
|Office 365 Group Picker is added.