In almost every situation, rules should be created from rule templates or as part of a runbook template: click NEW+ button in the top left corner, then select Rule. In some situations, customers may be directed by Cayosoft support to modify a rule's behavior using rule Design Mode. Rule Design Mode allows the user to access the underlying virtual commands that control how the rule works. Under normal circumstances, users will not need to use design mode nor will they need to actually build a rule using design mode.
Enabling Design Mode
- To enable rule editing in Design Mode open Cayosoft Administrator Console.
- Go to Design Mode.
- In Design Mode section click Enable Editing in Design Mode:
- Now open rule, find the Design Mode checkbox at the bottom of the rule configuration screen and click the checkbox:
- Update the rule in Design Mode, as instructed by Support.
- After rule configuration is completed, switch Design Mode off for this rule by clearing the Design Mode checkbox:
- Disable rule editing in by navigating to Design Mode item in Administrator Console Tree and click the Disable Editing in Design Mode button.
Design Mode is introduced as a separate item in Administrator Console tree.