Add a Domain to Cayosoft Guardian
Adding your Active Directory domain immediately enables change monitoring and data backup for continuous protection against unwanted changes.
Add an AD Connection Account:
- Make this AD Connection Account a member of the Domain Admins Group
Add an Active Directory Domain:
- Sign-in to Guardian using a Guardian Global Admin account. (The person who installs the product automatically becomes a Guardian Global Admin.)
- To add Active Directory domain click Add domain in Active Directory on-premise section in the Dashboard:
- In New Active Directory Domain wizard specify the Active Directory service account in form of DOMAINNAME\USERNAME or email@example.com, specify account password and click Next.
Active Directory account must be a member of Domain Admins group.
- Click Next
- Enable collection of auditing events for this domain if you want to see Initiator for change records in this domain.
- Click Next
- Click Close
This Active Directory domain will now appear in your list of managed domains in Active Directory on-premise section in the Dashboard.
Several collection jobs will be configured, like 'Default AD Backup Job'. By default, jobs are configured in continuous run mode. In case you need to run jobs at specific time, you can modify job settings under the Jobs node. Once the job completes the initial data collection, it would start to collect change records on each run. Navigate to Change History node to see what was changed in your tenant.