Restore membership in the hybrid group
When you need to restore a hybrid group or group membership using native tools the administrator will need to follow several steps. First, the Active Directory Group must still exist or must be recovered before the hybrid group can be restored. Second, user accounts should be added to the Active Directory group. Third, wait for Azure AD Sync runs or run it manually. Fourth, verify that the correct user accounts in the Azure AD/Office 365 were added to the synchronized group.
Cayosoft Guardian allows a single-click recovery across systems for complex hybrid scenarios like recovery of a hybrid group and group memberships. During the restoring of group membership, Guardian determines if it is a hybrid restore and performs restore in Active Directory at first and runs sync for Azure AD. Thus, you can perform restore from change record for any system: Active Directory and Office 365.
How to restore a hybrid group membership
- In Guardian navigate to History > Change History
- In the Quick Search bar enter the user name that was removed from the group
- There will be two Remove from group events for this user account for Active Directory and Office 365.
- Select any of them and click Restore
- Wait for the Job completed successfully alert to appear in the Notifications area
When the restore is completed, you will see new Add to group change records for both systems: Active Directory and Office 365.
- When restoring group membership, Guardian analyzes what kind of group it is. If it is a hybrid group, Guardian at first restores Active Directory group membership and then run Azure AD Sync to restore Office 365 group membership.
- Group membership is restored in hybrid group.