Restore Distribution Lists and Memberships
When deleted, Exchange Online Distribution Lists are not moved to the Azure AD Recycle Bin and thus can't be recovered with the native tools. Cayosoft Guardian helps you recover a deleted Distribution List by recreating the group object, converting it to the Distribution List using Exchange Online and then restoring the group's membership.
How to restore a Microsoft Exchange Distribution List (DL)
- In Guardian navigate to History > Change History
- Enter DL name in the Quick Search bar
- Find Delete object event for this group and select it
- Click Restore
- Wait for the Job completed successfully notification to appear in the Notifications area:
- When restore is completed, you will see new change records added to the list: Undelete object and Add member(s).
- Open Office 365 Admin Center and observe the DL was restored with its membership: