Restore teams guest settings changes
Cayosoft Guardian helps you to know about the modified team's guest settings and restore them.
How to configure
Guardian allows alerts configuration about Teams guest settings changes.
- In Guardian navigate to Alerting > Alerting Rules
- Select Teams guest settings changes rule
- Click Properties
- Uncheck Disabled
- Click Save
How to restore Teams settings
Note: Default Teams Backup job runs every 10 minutes. For testing purposes when you need to see the team's changes just after team modification, please navigate to Configuration > Jobs and run Default Teams Backup job manually.
- When team guest permissions settings are changed you will see the alert in Guardian:
- In Guardian navigate to History > Change History
- In the Quick Search bar enter the team name whose settings have been changed.
- To exclude Office 365 group changes from the grid, apply filter Teams changes:
- Find Update properties event for this team. It will be marked with red.
- Click Restore
- Wait for the Job completed successfully notification to appear in the Notifications area:
- When the restore is completed, you will see new change record added to the list:
- In Microsoft Teams open team settings and check that the guest settings were restored.