Summary: License names for Microsoft 365 services are stored in a non-user-friendly format. For example, the standard Office E3 license is called 'ENTERPRISEPACK'. Microsoft does not provide a method to get the list of corresponding friendly names displayed in the Microsoft admin UI. As such, Cayosoft keeps its own dictionary that translates the unfriendly names to common ones. This data must be constantly maintained and updated to take into account Microsoft renaming existing or adding new licenses. Follow the step-by-step instructions below to send us up-to-date Microsoft display names for licenses and services if you see licenses with unexpected names in your Cayosoft Administrator UI.
Applies to: Any version
Getting user-friendly names for licenses
- Log into portal.azure.com users endpoint
- Select any user account and click 'Licenses'
- Click 'Assignments'
- Select all available licenses:
- Press Ctrl-A to select all the text on this page and Ctrl-C to copy it
- Paste the text into a text editor or email and send it to Cayosoft via firstname.lastname@example.org
- Close the page to cancel the actual license assignment on the user
Getting license IDs to match to user-friendly names
Additionally, a list of all licenses by their internal names and IDs is required to match the friendly names sent in the previous section. This list can be sent to Cayosoft via Cayosoft Administrator
- Open the Administrator console and click on the 'Microsoft Office 365' extension under 'Connected System Extensions'
- In the Actions menu to the right, click 'Notify Cayosoft' and 'Yes' on the popup dialog that opens