Add a Configuration, Schema or Application Partition to Cayosoft Guardian
Summary: Adding your Active Directory partition immediately enables change monitoring and data backup for continuous protection against unwanted changes.
Configure an Active Directory Connection Account
- Make this Active Directory Connection Account a member of the Enterprise Admins group
Add an Active Directory Partition
- Sign-in to Cayosoft Guardian using a Cayosoft Guardian Global Admin account. The person who installs the product automatically becomes a Guardian Global Admin.
- Open Configuration > Managed Domains node
- To add Active Directory partition click New and choose Managed partition
- In New Active Directory Partition wizard specify the Active Directory service account in form of DOMAINNAME\USERNAME or email@example.com, specify account password, specify a distinguished name in form of CN=
CONFIGURATION,DC=DOMAIN,DC=COM and click Next.
Active Directory account must be a member of Enterprise Admins group.
- Enable collection of auditing events for this partition if you want to see Initiator for change records in this partition.
- Click Next
- Click Close
This Active Directory partition will now appear in your list of managed domains and partitions.
Several collection jobs will be configured. By default, jobs are configured in continuous run mode. In case you need to run jobs at specific time, you can modify job settings under the Jobs node. Once the job completes the initial data collection, it would start to collect change records on each run. Navigate to Change History node to see what was changed in your partition.
Article is closed for comments.