In Cayosoft Guardian, Custom Reports can be created and sent to admins when important changes have been detected. Creating a report begins on the Change History page where the admin can add a Report Job to any saved query. A Report Job is a workflow with predefined configurable actions and an execution schedule. The selected actions perform when Alert Job runs the query and the returned data is matching the query settings. The actions in the Report Job workflow can create a report file to export in HTML or CSV formats and send a notification through Microsoft Teams and/or by email. Exported reports can be delivered as a link to the Guardian Web Portal where they can be displayed or as an attachment to a notification message. Reports can be added to any query across any connected Azure AD tenants or Active Directory forests.
This article contains instructions on how to configure sending a report via email when the Domain Admins group membership is changed.
- In Guardian navigate to Change History.
- Click All Changes.
- Create Domain Admins group changes Custom Query that will track Domain Admins group membership. To set such a filter in a Custom Query:
- When the query is created open it from the list of Custom Queries:
- Click New Report to get the report by email when the group membership is changed:
- Click General to see the list of possible actions.
- Define the report schedule:
- Select Send report via email:
Note 1: To be able to send alerts via Teams or via email you should configure communication channels.Note 2: At least one export action should be enabled to generate reports.
- Open Send Report via Mail properties. You can select report delivery type, add recipients, specify report subject and body:
- Save changes.
If the Domain Admins group membership is changed, you will get the report via email:
To see all the generated reports, navigate to Reports: