To avoid the usage of different suspending settings for different suspend processes in your environment and prevent the situation where you ended up with multiple suspend configurations behaving differently in different rules you should have the XML file with suspend settings defined in the Active Directory extension, as well as the choice for the cloud part of suspend. In general, no XML files should be defined in individual suspend rules or web actions.
This means that you only need to set/configure/maintain the XML file in one single place.
Specify suspend settings XML file in the Active Directory extension settings.
- In Administrator Console navigate to Home > Configuration > Connected Systems Extensions > Active Directory.
- Open Cayosoft Suspend Policies (User & Group Deprovisioning) section.
- In Default user suspend policy setting specify suspend settings XML file.
- In Run related Office 365 user suspend and undo suspend setting specify the choice for the cloud part of suspend.
- Save changes.
Check that Suspend User web action uses settings from the Active Directory extension.
- In Administrator Console navigate to Home > Configuration > Web Portal > Web Actions > Active Directory > Suspend User.
- Check that Default suspend settings is set to Use (Web Query user suspend policy).
- Check that Suspend related Office 365 user is set to Use default.
Other suspend rules do not need any extra configuration. Just let them use the default settings from the Active Directory extension.
The only time you ever need to define an XML file in an individual rule is if you really do want the suspend behavior to be different for that particular rule.
Please sign in to leave a comment.