Applies to: Cayosoft Administrator 8.4.0 or later.
Summary: Cayosoft Administrator has centralized columns' settings for Active Directory Web queries shared among all Admin Units. You can customize these general columns' settings or you can redefine them for certain Admin Units.
Default Columns for Active Directory queries
To see which columns are defined as default for Active Directory Web queries perform the following steps:
- Home > Configuration > Connected Systems Extensions > Active Directory.
- Open the Customize Columns (Web Portal) section.
- Here is the list of Active Directory objects' queries defined as default:
This set of columns is defined by default for all Active Directory Web queries in all Admin Units. You can modify them as you like, change column names, add more columns, or remove some of them. But we recommend to save somewhere the default columns set, so you can restore defaults for your Web queries.
How to define columns set for a single Web query in the Admin Unit
If you need to redefine the columns set for some Active Directory Web query, perform the following steps:
- In Cayosoft Administrator open Web query you need to modify
- Open More Options section
- Specify columns in Properties to display setting:
- After that in Cayosoft Web Portal browse for Active Directory -> Ad Users query
- You will see the specified columns:
If you need to restore default columns, you can always come back to Cayosoft Administrator, open this Web query, and select Use Default Columns for AD Users query
To set the column for Web query specify object property LDAP name and column name for it - for example: mail~Email Address.
It's also possible to specify column width and make the column invisible by default: mail~Email Address~true~25%. True or 1 means that the column will be invisible, 25% defines column width.
If the third parameter, true or 1, is not defined, the column will be visible in the Web Portal.
If the width is not set, all columns will have the same width.
How to customize columns in Web Queries in Web Portal
If you need to redefine the columns set for Web Query in Web Portal, perform the following steps:
- Select the Web Query.
- Click the button at the upper right corner and click Chose columns:
- Select the columns that you need to display in the grid for the selected Web Query:
- To get the default set of columns click Reset.