Summary: When creating a new Active Directory or Office 365 object you may need to fill in some custom object attributes that are not on the object creation wizard by default. In Admin Console you can add such attributes to the Other attributes section of the corresponding Web Action settings.
This article has step-by-step instructions on how to do this. As an example, we will add a user EmployeeID to the New Active directory User wizard. You can add custom attributes to the object properties wizard in the same way.
Applies to: Cayosoft Administrator 7.0.0 or later
In this video guide, you will learn how to add custom attributes on the New User form and how to apply attribute policy to them.
Adding EmploeeID attribute to New Object wizard
- In Admin Console navigate to Home > Configuration > Web Portal > Web Actions > Active Directory > New User
- Open Other attributes section
- In Other Attribute 1 type employeeID
- Save Changes
After that Other Attribute 1 will be added to New User wizard.
You can rename Other Attribute 1 label using Override Label setting in Attribute Policy.
Adding EmploeeID attribute to User Properties wizard
- In Admin Console navigate to Home > Configuration > Web Portal > Web Actions > Active Directory > Properties (User)
- Perform steps 2-4 from the previous section.
After that when you open user properties, you can modify the added attribute on the Custom tab. You can also rename Other Attribute 1 label using Override Label setting in Attribute Policy.