Published: January 11, 2014
Applies to: Cayosoft Administrator 7.3 or later.
Overview: The Cayosoft Administrator Service is a Windows Service that executes and enforces business rules for the Cayosoft Administrator product. This service is designed to work with both on-premises and cloud-based services. This service is critical to the operation of the product.
Issue: The console is unable to connect to the Administrator Service or the Service has not started on the local computer. This may happen due to the configuration of the computer on which the Cayosoft Administrator has been installed. The typical symptom is a dialog box being presented indicating the console failed to connect to the service. In most cases, this can be resolved by simply restarting the Administrator Service as described below.
Windows 10 and Windows 11 users with UAC Enabled:
Symptoms: Service is running, but the console will not connect and User Account Control (UAC) is enabled.
You must open the Administrator Console as an Administrator.
To run Admin Assistant as Administrator click [SHIFT]+Right on the Cayosoft Administrator icon in the Start menu and choose Run As Administrator.
All versions of Windows: Start/restart the service
- Right-click the Windows Task Bar and choose Task Manager.
The Windows Task Manager will be displayed on the screen.
- On Windows 10, 11, Windows Server 2012, or later display additional details if needed by clicking More Details at the bottom right of the Task Manager Window.
This will change the Task Manager Window so that a series of Tabs are shown at the top of the Window.
- Click the Services Tab and locate the Cayosoft Administrator Service from the list of services shown.
- Right-click Cayosoft Administrator Service and choose Start or Restart whichever is available.
- If the service status fails to change to Running consult the Windows Application Event Log to determine why the service did not start properly.
Entries in the Windows Application Event Log will have a Source of Cayosoft Administrator Service.
The most common reason the Administrator Service may fail to start is that one or more prerequisite requirements are not met: Installing required components – Cayosoft Help Center
Change the Account used by the Service
- Press the Windows Key on your keyboard.
- Type services.msc and then press enter.
- Right-click Cayosoft Administrator Service and choose Properties.
- Click the Log On tab at the top.
- In the This Account field enter the name of the Active Directory administrator account.
Note: This account should have administrator rights in both Active Directory and on the local computer.
- In the Password and Confirm password fields enter the password for the Active Directory administrator you have chosen to use.
- Click OK.
- Restart the service.
If you need help restarting the service see the section above titled Start/restart the CayoAdminService.
Сonnectng to Administrator Service remotely
Cayosoft Administrator Console can connect not only to the local Service but to any Administrator Service running on another computer in the network or on an Azure virtual machine. For more details please see this article: How to install the Cayosoft Configuration Console on an Admin's Workstation – Cayosoft Help Center.