The Office 365 License Optimization dashboard is part of Cayosoft Administrator Web Portal. It shows how much money is spent on Office 365 licenses in your organization, the amount spent on currently assigned licenses and the potential savings based on possible optimization scenarios.
Using this dashboard, you can see the licenses currently assigned to each user and all the optimization scenarios defined in the selected optimization model. Each scenario is assigned a score depending on the number and type of difficulties a specified user will face if moving from the current license to the suggested optimization. For example, some existing and used functionality will no longer be available. After taking into account all these difficulties, you can select and apply a new target license for a user.
The data used by this dashboard as well as the Office 365 Service Adoption dashboard is updated by the built-in "Analytics collection" rule. Make sure this data is updated regularly by setting a schedule for Analytics collections; navigate to HOME > RULES > Built-in Rules (Pre-configured) > Analytics collection in Cayosoft Administrator console and schedule this runbook to a specific timeframe. Also, make sure to set your prices for Office 365 licenses in Microsoft Office 365 extension settings to make sure that the amount spent data is correct.
After upgrade to 6.4.0 to see the data in this dashboard immediately you must run the Analytics Collection runbook.
How to use this dashboard
License Optimization Summary
Total spend - the sum of money that is spent on Office 365 licenses in your organization
Assigned - the total cost of currently assigned licenses
Unassigned - the total cost of licenses that are currently unassigned
Potential savings $ - the total amount of money potentially saved if each user in the license optimization model has the license changes according to the recommended scenario
Potential savings % - Potential savings $ \ Assigned
You can set this License Optimization Summary to yearly or monthly spend. Also, you can see this summary for All Admin Units or select a specific user Admin Unit.
You can get the list of users and see their current licenses, the recommended optimization for each user, possible cost savings, and status (optimized or not).
If user status is Not Optimized, to get user optimization details you should click Optimization Advisor web action. On Optimization Details form you can see:
- Suggested optimization scenarios - drop-down with a list of possible optimization scenarios
- General Overview with license change recommendation, cost savings and possible difficulties in case of license optimization. Each option that is out of range for a license plan is called a difficulty and is used to determine the difficulty of moving to the target license. Difficulties are categorized by severity:
- Informational: these are notices that do not effect the final optimization score
- Minor: By default, each of these difficulties removes 2% from the optimization score
- Major: These difficulties remove 10% from the final score
- Critical: These difficulties remove 20% from the final score
- Be default, optimization scores 80% or below are not recommended.
- The list of Office 365 service usage and user activity. These are individual metrics that track to define the usage level of Microsoft functionality.
- You can select the target license and apply it to a user.
Office 365 License Optimization dashboard settings
Other Attribute 1 (Label)
Other Attribute 1 (Attribute)
Other Attribute 2 (Label)
Other Attribute 2 (Attribute)
Other Attribute 3 (Label)
Other Attribute 3 (Attribute)
Other Attribute 4 (Label)
Other Attribute 4 (Attribute)
Other Attribute 5 (Label)
Other Attribute 5 (Attribute)
If you use Active Directory extension attributes to store additional information for user accounts, you could select these attributes and specify labels for them.
You could display the values defined for other attributes in the Office 365 Service Adoption dashboard.
Other Query Settings
Automatically load web query results
Specify if the web query search results should be loaded on navigation without clicking Search.
Web Actions tab
For details please see this article: Re-arranging Web Queries actions – Cayosoft Help Center.
|License Optimization is added to the product.